NOT FUCKING ALLOWED
This is one of the reasons The LEGO Movie hit wayyy closer to home than Frozen to me. Instead of a problem that only tackles some few, selected people, you can’t deny that at least at one point you have looked at yourself and felt worthless because everyone around you outshines you even in the things you’re good at.
That’s one of the reasons this movie made me legitimately cry in the theater, that, and due to the fact that the moral that accompanies this is much more empowering than just “letting it go”.
And let’s talk about that facial expression at the end like I didn’t know a lego could make me cry.
There is a tiny fucking tear in his eye oh my God…
i can’t breathe
what a little cunt.
White people in a non Euro centric history class
I’m not reverse racist my boyfriend is white
— Old Arab parents proverb, used to mean “you didn’t do shit what the hell are you proud of” in reference to something you are proud of. (via levantineviper)
Surah Maryam - Fatih Seferagic
Does he have any recordings yet? Beautiful recitation mashaAllah.
Anti-Roma hate speech in Europe is nothing new. But somehow, it’s always worse than you expect.
This list though…
Talk about racism against Roma people isn’t very common on my dash, so I hope this proves an enlightening read. Just in case any of my non-Euro followers still think Europe is a beacon of freedom and tolerance.
People who think Europe is a beacon of freedom and tolerance are hilarious.
They literally think the continent from which the trans-Atlantic slave trade began, where anti-Black racism began, the continent where Muslims and African immigrants are persecuted daily is a beacon of anything related to tolerance.
Asked by Anonymous
1. Who was the last person you held hands with?
This guy I was dating named Kevin. Super sweet. I don’t normally hold hands though.
2. Are you outgoing or shy?
Both actually. When I’m in a new crowd I can be shy, but I’m very outgoing when I know people and I’m working on being more outgoing.
3. Who are you looking forward to seeing?
Sarah because I miss her and I miss going to halal restaurants and almost dying and then watching Bollywood movies together and talking about boys while she yells at her brother <3
4. Are you easy to get along with?
Tbh no. I don’t think so. Most people say I’m very friendly, but once I’m comfortable around you and I consider you my friend, I find it very easy to be mean to you which makes people confused but if I tell you that your hair is ratchet it means I love you.
5. If you were drunk would the person you like take care of you?
LOL nope. The dudes I like normally suck.
6. What kind of people are you attracted to?
Apparently horrible people.
7. Do you think you’ll be in a relationship two months from now?
Meh. I’m kinda sorta talking to someone right now, but to be honest, I have no idea.
8. Who from the opposite gender is on your mind?
See question 3.
9. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable?
Usually. I used to always joke about sex, but that Muslim guilt is setting in.
10. Who was the last person you had a deep conversation with?
My friend William. Ever since I met him he’s been there not only to listen to my issues, but also to provide meaningful feedback, resulting in pretty deep convo. Super grateful :)
11. What does the most recent text that you sent say?
"It was good to finally meet you. We’ll do it again sometime. Have a good one until then :)" -David
12. What are your 5 favorite songs right now?
-Por un Amor
-Royals (Tbh the more shisha I smoke the more I like Lorde)
13. Do you like it when people play with your hair?
YAAAAAAASSSSS GAGA. Tbh though playing with my hair is the fastest way to make me go to sleep.
14. Do you believe in luck and miracles?
Not really. Good things happen, but I wouldn’t consider it to be either. Although learning how much money my parents had for me to finish college was a pretty great miracle, as well as getting my car fixed alhamdulillah.
15. What good thing happened this summer?
Nothing lol I lost out on california and met an asshole who treated me the worst any man has ever treated me lol this most recent summer sucked.
16. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
The last person I kissed……Yes :)
Tbh though I kiss my cat more than any human because he’s my favourite.
17. Do you think there is life on other planets?
Yes. Is that even a question?
18. Do you still talk to your first crush?
Nope. My first crush was this boy Ian from second grade. He was a beautiful human, but I have no idea where he is now.
19. Do you like bubble baths?
YES. Best ever. Gimme,
20. Do you like your neighbors?
Lol no. They’re all assholes.
21. What are you bad habits?
I smoke when I get mad. I don’t always pray salah or stick to halal. I say haram things and do haram things and hang out with haram people…I date and I spend money too quickly. I’m too generous. I love to give people everything I have but then I remember I have nothing to begin with.
22. Where would you like to travel?
Fucking everywhere. But right now I’d like to go to Sweden and get that free education.
23. Do you have trust issues?
Yes. Hella trust issues. Anyone who approaches me, I see as an enemy, especially if he’s a man. I have a really hard time letting people in, especially men. When I let someone in, it’s because I trust them and my trust is not easy to get at all. I don’t think people appreciate the fact that I trust them as much as it is difficult for me to give them that trust. Btw if someone fucks with that trust it will take miles and an army to keep me from hurting that fucker.
24. Favorite part of your daily routine?
Any time I get to be with the people I love is the best moment ever for me. My friends mean more to me than they know,
25. What part of your body are you most uncomfortable with?
My back. My hair. My butt. My nose. My eyes. My ears. My forehead. My chest. My nipples. My knees (especially the left one with the scar on it). My cheeks. My arms. My skin. My big toes. My chin. My stomach. I got mad issues lol but if I had to pick one, it’d be my stomach. I hate that I have a little pudge and people always say “SHUT UP YOU’RE SKINNY” but it’s the biggest I’ve been since elementary school when I was FAT and I hate how I look tbh it makes me feel like a fat slob when I look in the mirror.
26. What do you do when you wake up?
Tell myself that today will be a good day and if it isn’t I will be strong enough to get through it because if my mother can get through cancer with a smile on her face, I can get through a bad day.
27. Do you wish your skin was lighter or darker?
Neither. I love my skin tone, I just wish it were even. Like if I could have my facial tone on my arms and torso and all that, I’d be happy. Need to go tanning and even the shit out.
28. Who are you most comfortable around?
There’s a few people. Probably Sarah, Austin, Tessa, David, and Brandon (the dude who painted me. Hey, gotta be comfortable when a dude paints you naked). There’s also this straight couple I know and they’re getting there.
29. Have any of your ex’s told you they regret breaking up?
Yes. And my reply is “Well you shouldn’t have fucking did it.”
30. Do you ever want to get married?
Yes. I was actually engaged once. That ended rather badly, but that’s a story for another day. But yes. I definitely want to get married and the sooner the better.
31. If your hair long enough for a pony tail?
My hair isn’t but I wish my hair could be long enough for a ponytail omg
32. Which celebrities would you have a threesome with?
Dave Franco and Zayn Malik. Hands down.
33. Spell your name with your chin.
34. Do you play sports? What sports?
I used to swim, and do soccer and volleyball. Lately my only exercise has been in bellydancing.
35. Would you rather live without TV or music?
TV. Omg don’t even utter life without music.
36. Have you ever liked someone and never told them?
Many many times. I’m trying not to let that happen so much now.
37. What do you say during awkward silences?
AUSTRALIANS ALL LET US REJOICE FOR WE ARE YOUNG AND FREEEEEEE WE’VE GOLDEN SOIL AND WEALTH FOR TOIL OUR HOME IS GIRT BY SEAAAAAAA
38. Describe your dream girl/guy?
Someone who’s sweet and kind. Someone who can listen and give meaningful feedback. Someone who can see me falling apart and put me together again. Someone who loves to eat. Someone who is around my height maybe a little taller or shorter. Someone who I can have a conversation with about social issues and have a debate, but not an argument. Someone who will look at a bunch of kittens with me and pick the one I want before I say it. Someone who can engage in the battle of tarof/3araf mustaqar and later in another in Risk. Someone who can nerd out with me with Doctor Who and watch random documentaries because knowledge is cool. Someone who can bring me new perspectives and new ideas. Someone who is liberal and knows the real deal and thinks Michelle Bachmann is a joke. Someone who’s built like Christopher Mintz-Plasse tbh, but with a big dick (but not too big). Someone who has eyes that I can get lost in. Someone who is playful and honest. Someone who can tell me the truth, even when it hurts, because he knows it will help me. Someone who will remind me not to lock my keys in my car and will tell me he loves how I look not because he wants to make me feel good or because he wants to get it in, but because he means it. Someone who will be able to walk into a Mosque with me and not be afraid. Someone who can see me praying in our home and respect that. Someone who I can have an “our home” with. Someone who can last until death do us part. Someone who isn’t perfect and knows it, but it’s ok because I love every piece of him because he loves every piece of me. It’ll also help if he’s not an asshole. (Apparently that has to be said now)
39. What are your favorite stores to shop in?
H&M, Barnes and Noble, and Lee Lee’s Asian Supermarket.
40. What do you want to do after high school?
I’m no longer in high school and I am not doing what I wanted to lol.
41. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?
Yes, but mess that up and you’re fucked.
42. If your being extremely quiet what does it mean?
Something is really bothering me and that means I’m either nervous, sad, or raging fucking pissed, and none of these options are good for those who want to break the silence unless you want the chihuahua to be unleashed.
43. Do you smile at strangers?
Yes. Who knows? Maybe they really needed that smile :)
44. Trip to outer space or bottom of the ocean?
OUTER FUCKING SPACE DOOWEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOO DOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
45. What makes you get out of bed in the morning?
Knowing that there are people out there who make it all worth it. Otherwise I wouldn’t fucking get up.
46. What are you paranoid about?
Everything. I’m constantly looking over my shoulder because I never know if there’s someone who’s going to attack me. Getting to know anyone I’m super cautious because they may hurt me. I don’t like being alone in a room with a man because it makes me nervous. I always think people are talking badly about me and whenever I hear that someone was talking about me I instantly assume they were talking mad shit. I always think someone’s gonna steal my car or my credit card. Every time I get sick I assume I have HIV. I pray every day that my house is still there when I drive home. I’m a fucking nervous wreck it’s really difficult.
47. Have you ever been high?
48. Have you ever been drunk?
Way too drunk.
49. Have you done anything recently that you hope nobody finds out about?
Nope. Every fact about my life recently is up for grabs.
50. What was the colour of the last hoodie you wore?
I haven’t worn a hoodie in years but I think it was blue?
51. Ever wished you were someone else?
Zayn Malik because masturbating would be so easy in front of a mirror also I get to touch Zayn’s fun parts although that might not be as exciting since I would be Zayn but tbh even just as me I get excited to look down and be like ~Exclusive Access~
52. One thing you wish you could change about yourself?
I want to be able to get over people faster. I want to be able to not give a fuck. I care about everyone a lot because I’ve gone through shit and I don’t think anyone should go through shit so I’m always trying to help everyone because I love everyone but there’s so many everyones.
53. Favourite makeup brand?
Hashmi Kajol <3 40% lead 10% fabulous
54. Favourite store?
55. Favourite blog?
56. Favourite colour?
57. Favourite food?
58. Last thing you ate?
A half teaspoon of wasabi.
59. First thing you ate this morning?
60. Ever won a competition? For what?
I was apparently nominated for biggest flirt in high school but that was the shadiest thing ever.
61. Been suspended/expelled? For what?
Yuppppp lol Bitch shouldn’t have scrolled left lol
62. Been arrested? For what?
63. Ever been in love?
Once. See question 30.
64. Tell us the story of your first kiss?
There was a guy who I went on a sort of date with at a mall and he laid the sloppiest wet kiss ever on me and I was so glad when I got a real one because that shit was nasty.
65. Are you hungry right now?
I’m always hungry.
66. Do you like your tumblr friends more than your real friends?
67. Facebook or Twitter?
People still tweet?
68. Twitter or Tumblr?
69. Are you watching tv right now?
70. Names of your bestfriends?
I consider my best friends to be Sarah and Austin.
71. Craving something? What?
72. What colour are your towels?
72. How many pillows do you sleep with?
73. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
Just my shamu plushy that I stole from seaworld when I was three.
74. How many stuffed animals do you think you have?
75. Favourite animal?
76. What colour is your underwear?
Pink, white, and grey.
77. Chocolate or Vanilla?
78. Favourite ice cream flavour?
Did I stutter.
79. What colour shirt are you wearing?
80. What colour pants?
81. Favourite tv show?
82. Favourite movie?
83. Mean Girls or Mean Girls 2?
Who the fuck chooses Mean Girls 2?
84. Mean Girls or 21 Jump Street?
Another Mean girls question, really?
85. Favourite character from Mean Girls?
Clearly this set of questions was made for teenage girls.
86. Favourite character from Finding Nemo?
I feel like you’re running out of questions.
87. First person you talked to today?
Miranda: You look dead.
Me: Good morning to you too, dear sister.
88. Last person you talked to today?
In person it was probably Athena I think? On the phone it was William.
89. Name a person you hate?
You see, this would jeopardize my “Try not to be an asshole” rule.
90. Name a person you love?
I feel like you’re missing the point here.
91. Is there anyone you want to punch in the face right now?
92. In a fight with someone?
Hopefully whoever wrote this quiz.
93. How many sweatpants do you have?
Sweatpants are for Russian dudes who don’t care who sees the outline of their foreskin.
94. How many sweaters/hoodies do you have?
95. Last movie you watched?
Anchorman 2. Wtaf
96. Favourite actress?
97. Favourite actor?
Either of the Francos.
98. Do you tan a lot?
Nope, because I’m scared it’ll make my skin tones even worse.
99. Have any pets?
My kitty and my puppy they’re both dumb but they’re adorable and they give me lots of lovins especially when I’m sick and freaking out thinking I have HIV.
100. How are you feeling?
101. Do you type fast?
I got through this shit in like ten minutes so yuh.
102. Do you regret anything from your past?
Starting this quiz.
103. Can you spell well?
Wut yu meen spel wel
104. Do you miss anyone from your past?
A few people, but they’re not in my present, so no point in crying about people who are no longer in my life.
105. Ever been to a bonfire party?
I live in Arizona, so…..no.
106. Ever broken someone’s heart?
I try not to but it’s happened a couple times and I feel really super bad about it :(
107. Have you ever been on a horse?
Yes. And a camel, and an ostrich, and a donkey.
108. What should you be doing?
109. Is something irritating you right now?
The length of this quiz.
110. Have you ever liked someone so much it hurt?
Yeah. That’s generally when I decide to abort mission because as soon as you become the person who cares more, the other person can hurt you more easily because people suck and cannot be trusted especially the ones with dicks.
111. Do you have trust issues?
DIDN’T YOU ASK THIS FUCKING QUESTION BEFORE.
YES YOU DID FUCKING 23 *anjali voice* CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER
112. Who was the last person you cried in front of?
William. It was on skype so idk if that counts, so before him it was I think my mother.
113. What was your childhood nickname?
Ants in your pants…..because I was always moving around and would never sit still or shut up lol.
114. Have you ever been out of your province/state?
Yes. Nevada, Sonora, Baja California Sur, Jalisco, California, New Mexico, Texas, Michigan, and New York.
115. Do you play the Wii?
116. Are you listening to music right now?
Yes. Now playing: Neon Cathedral by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis feat. Allen Stone.
117. Do you like chicken noodle soup?
Chunky style. Yussssss
118. Do you like Chinese food?
Real Chinese food. That shiny, saucy shit is only good when you’re blistered drunk of when it’s like 3am.
119. Favourite book?
120. Are you afraid of the dark?
Only outside. Driving through nowhere freaks me out to no end. I prefer to stay near the city lights.
121. Are you mean?
Only in my mind. I try not to say all the mean things I think.
122. Is cheating ever okay?
123. Can you keep white shoes clean?
124. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I believe in boners at first sight. For me, love comes with time. Everything else that feels like love usually goes away once we hit that O.
125. Do you believe in true love?
Yes. I had it once. I miss it.
126. Are you currently bored?
I’m still doing this shit test so fuckin yeah.
127. What makes you happy?
My friends. Especially when they wanna hang out. When people text first I get really happy. And when people are excited to hang out, that makes me super happy :)
128. Would you change your name?
Nope. I love my name. It shows my history, my family, and it has meaning. I love it and I would never change it.
129. What your zodiac sign?
130. Do you like subway?
Do I look like a basic bitch?
131. Your bestfriend of the opposite sex likes you, what do you do?
Sarah you need to remember that I like penis.
132. Who’s the last person you had a deep conversation with?
You asked this question before I’m fucking tired of you.
133. Favourite lyrics right now?
TE FUISTE CANTANDO Y HOY VUELVES TRAYENDO LA MUERTE EN EL ALMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
134. Can you count to one million?
If I got time for this test, I got time for anything.
135. Dumbest lie you ever told?
That I was a girl. But hey, with a wig and some makeup, you can make some drunk dudes very happy.
136. Do you sleep with your doors open or closed?
Closed. Gotta keep them monsters out, yo.
137. How tall are you?
138. Curly or Straight hair?
Curly. I got that Semitic curl,
139. Brunette or Blonde?
My hair’s brown but it looks black.
140. Summer or Winter?
141. Night or Day?
NIGHT. Days are boring.
142. Favourite month?
June. No more stress, just lots of nothing.
143. Are you a vegetarian?
Nope. Well, zabihatarian, which in America basically means vegetarian.
144. Dark, milk or white chocolate?
I like my chocolate like I like my men: Dark and bitter.
145. Tea or Coffee?
This is an epic battle for me. Hmmmmmm I love both plain and thick. I love things that are dark and bitter lol.
146. Was today a good day?
It was bittersweet.
147. Mars or Snickers?
148. What’s your favourite quote?
"One may suffer a world of daemons for the sake of an angel"
Still gets me through every day. Thank God I’ve found so many angels <3
149. Do you believe in ghosts?
150. Get the closest book next to you, open it to page 42, what’s the first line on that page?
on who is doing, wanting, knowing, etc. and on the tense. All of this means that to a speaker of English, Russian seems to have a ‘lot of grammar’. However, although learning all the endings is a burden at first, the system is not difficult to understand; you will find that learning vocabulary is a much bigger task.
To make the sets of endings more digestible, we shall take them in small doses. However, if you want to tackle the whole system in one go, you will find grammar tables on pages 378-86.
4.11 Prepositional Case
As an example of the way nouns change their form, look at these sentences:
Я живу в Брайтоне. I live in Brighton.
Он живёт в Москве. He lives in Moscow.
Я еду на автобусе. I’m going on a bus (by bus).
After the prepositions в ‘in’ and на 'on', most masculine nouns add -е and most feminine nouns change their last -а or -я to -е.
Москва ‘Moscow’ в Москве ‘in Moscow’
Брайтон ‘Brighton’ в Брайтоне ‘in Brighton’
автобус ‘bus’ на автобусе ‘on a bus’
There are more details of these case endings in Lesson 5.
4.12 Vocabulary (in alphabetical order)
вас you (accusative—explained in Lesson 6)
вы you (polite or plural 4.2)
говорить to speak я говорю, ты говоришь
домой home, to one’s home
ехать to go (by transport) я еду, ты едешь
жить to live я живу, ты живёшь
звать to call я зову, ты зовёшь
здравствуй hello (to someone you would call ты see 4.13 note)
знать to know я знаю, ты знаешь
Did you think I was fucking scared
People who make you feel better with just their presence deserve great gratitude.
Even though you’re 20 miles away, knowing you’re here makes me feel better.